The School Day
Reception, Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2.
School times are 8:45am to 3:20pm.
The drop off point is the main double gate on the front playground• Years 2 -6: Children should be dropped off at the gate as in the previous academic year with the
• Reception: Enter playground with parents and drop off at Reception gate.
• Year 1: for the first half term parents can enter the rear playground and drop the children off
until they are secure in their routines'
.• Years 2 -6: Children should be dropped off at the gate.
Parents of children in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 (and who have older siblings in Year 3, 4, 5 and 6) will enter via the car park and walk around the building at your own leisure.
Parents of children in 3,4,5,6 (with no younger siblings in R, 1 and 2) will enter through the gates to the KS2 playground or the pedestrian gates.
1. Reception will be dismissed through the Nursery - RS through first door (closest to carpark), RV the second door. Parents or child minders collecting siblings carry on around the building. Those without can exit through the car park
2. Year 1 will be collected from the shade sail and exit through the gates to the front of the building
3. Year 2 from under the basketball net – KS1 playground - and exit through the gates to the front of the building
4. Year 3H the Greenhouse, Year 3S the shed in KS2 and exit through the gates to the front of the building
5. Year 4, 5 and 6 the front playground and exit through the gates to the front of the building
There is a £3 per 15 minute supervision charge for those children who are collected consistently late or without good reason.
Nursery have a slightly different school day.
Please note the times for nursery below. The Nursery gates open five minutes before the start of each session.
8:50am to 3:05pm Monday to Friday
Mon - Wed PT
8:50am to 3:05pm (Mon-Tues)
8:50am to 11:30am (Wed)
Wed - Fri PT
12:25 pm to 3:05pm (Wed)
8:50am to 3:05pm (Thurs - Fri)
The gates for the main school are locked between *;50am and 3:20pm. This ensures that the children remain in a safe environment.
During the day there will be no access to the school site other than for those parents who have to collect their children for appointments or because they are sick, returning children from appointments or if you have an appointment in school. The school office is open between 8.45am and 9.20am and will reopen at 3.10pm until 3.40pm.
Please feel assured that the gates are not opened early under any circumstances - the well being of the children is our key concern. We fully understand that people don’t enjoy getting wet on the street but we also understand that everyone recognises the need to keep the children safe.
Please try to collect your child on time, as it causes distress to your child and inconvenience to the school if you are late collecting them.