The School DayWe have had to make temporary changes to our school day due to COVID-19. Please read the updates through our September Opening page.
Reception, Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2.
- 8.45 am: Gates open and children are supervised by parents
- Monday and Friday KS1 and KS2 teachers collect their children from the playground. On Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday , KS1 and KS2 children make their way into the building by themselves and are greeted by their teachers when they arrive at their classroom. If it is raining on Monday or Friday then the children will be brought straight into the building
- Reception parents may drop their children at the Reception gate from 8:45am onwards
- If it is raining in the morning the children should come straight into the building and go to their classes.
- 9:00am registration is taken
- 9.50-10.10 am: Reception playtime
- 10.50 - 11.05 am: Playtime (KS1)
- 11.10 - 11.25 am: Playtime (KS2)
- 12.25 – 1.25pm: Lunchtime (KS2)
- 12.00 – 1.00pm: Lunchtime (Early Years & KS1)
- 2.10 – 2.20pm: Reception Play
- 3.15pm: SCHOOL FINISHES
Key Stage 2 children are collected to the front of the building.
Key Stage 1 and Reception should be collected from the back playground.
Nursery have a slightly different school day.
Please note the times for nursery below. The Nursery gates open five minutes before the start of each session.
8:50am to 3:05pm Monday to Friday
Mon - Wed PT
8:50am to 3:05pm (Mon-Tues)
8:50am to 11:30am (Wed)
Wed - Fri PT
12:25 pm to 3:05pm (Wed)
8:50am to 3:05pm (Thurs - Fri)
The gates for the main school are locked between 9:10am and 3:10am. This ensures that the children remain in a safe environment.
During the day there will be no access to the school site other than for those parents who have to collect their children for appointments or because they are sick, returning children from appointments or if you have an appointment in school. The school office is open between 8.45am and 9.20am and will reopen at 3.10pm until 3.40pm.
Please feel assured that the gates are not opened early under any circumstances - the well being of the children is our key concern. We fully understand that people don’t enjoy getting wet on the street but we also understand that everyone recognises the need to keep the children safe.
At the end of the day will be supervised by After School Care at a cost to the parent/carer.
Please try to collect your child on time, as it causes distress to your child and inconvenience to the school if you are late collecting them.